Monday, March 30, 2009

Again, I am in a haze.

I have come to the conclusion that I should invest in sleep sometime. I just take the approach that I will sleep when I am dead. However, I am running on fumes today, much like every other day. I just don't have the ability to sleep in no matter how much I want to. Anyway, back to the topics at hand.


Villanova. Wow. After almost laying a turd against American in the 1st round, they are playing some amazing basketball. While I can say that Pitt is a team I normally root for, I love seeing Nova keep their season going. They deserve to be in the Final Four. I don't know if they can keep up with Carolina but I will not be surprised to see them win. Not anymore. Jay Wright is fantastic. That game against Pitt was a classic. Love this team.

This is a really good Final Four this year. Each of these teams deserve it. This is the first year I didn't fill out at least one bracket with my boys from UNC winning it all. I was concerned about Ty Lawson's health. When he is on the court, I don't think anyone can match up with Carolina. Their depth is ridiculous. Roy Williams has built so much depth that they can sit their five starters and still hang with just about anyone. But Ty lawson is the key. He is a perfect example of a floor general. The guy just makes them go.

What can I say about Tom Izzo. The man is one hell of a coach. He preaches defense and this team is relentless in their harrassment of opposing players. I was glad to see them knock Pitino's Cardinals out of the tourney. I don't know if they can hang with UConn but they won't roll over either. Should be a good physical game.

I hate Jim Calhoun . Despise him. But man, UConn is really good. I mean really good. The Big East is the best conference in college basketball. It isn't even close. I think they have too much for MSU with Jeff Adrian, AJ Price, and Thabeet manning the paint, but MSU will challenge them. There have been times where UConn looks disinterested but in this tourney, they look hungry. They could be scary to go up against. I think they have more offensive fire power than MSU but defense is the key.

Whatever happens, I have really enjoyed the tourney this year. I love college basketball and I am sad to see it go. I really want to see Nova or UNC win it all but either way, this should be a great Final Four and Championship game. I am just happy Coach K's boys failed again. Priceless. I hate that guy.

2 comments:

  1. What the fuck? Not one typo or mispelled word. What is wrong with you bro? Like the new Ditka pic. Was that off of the cover of the Super Bowl Shuffle 8-track?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in a zone. I cannot remember where I got the Ditka pic, all I know is that I love it.

    ReplyDelete