Friday, May 24, 2013

It's like I fell off of the face of the Earth.

So, uh, yeah, I need to not do this every 3 years or something. Many things have changed but it has been confirmed that I am still an asshole. I am currently going through football withdrawl but I can say that a few unthinkable things have happened for the NFL teams I support in the past few hazy and lost years. The Lions made the playoffs(Playoffs?!? You wanna talk about playoffs?) and the Birds FINALLY unloaded Big Red. While I was not a fan of the Chipster hiring at first, and I damn sure HATE his choices for O and D coordinators, I am starting to come around a bit. I think I can compare it a bit to when you come out of a relationship and then you suddenly find yourself involved with a new partner and things are new, fresh and exciting. You flirt and such, there is heavy petting involved and you take risks and the sense of lust is overwhelming. I just hope to avoid the crash that always follows. I really do hope Chip Kelly succeeds but I detest Howie Roseman and Jeff Lurie still unless he brings back the Kelly Green full-time, then maybe I will be okay with him but that is doubtful. I will always hate Howie though. I am just glad they finally got a "football" guy in the FO in Tom Gamble. Smart move. So, time to bounce around the sports world a bit.



Hockey. The best playoff system that is out there. I am an ecstatic fanboy right now because my Red Wings have the hated Blackhawks on the ropes when the expectations for the Wings were not that high. Of course, then my feeling of euphoria is replaced by my realization that there is no God because the whiny, little bitch that is Cindy Crosby has the stacked Pens team chugging along. I still do not know how they were able to put together such a juggernaut of depth and not have cap issues. I blame Bettman and his love for Mario. I hate them. I am also glad to see the Rangers of the brink of elimination at the hands of the Bruins but after losing game 4, do the B's have some paranoia creeping in from when the Fly-guys came back from the grave to upend the Beantown boys a few years ago? Here's to hoping that John Tortorella chokes on a bag of dicks. I hate that guy.

This guy just screams "Douche"



Cindy, I loathe thee.



 J-Quick is again standing on his head in the playoffs as Flyers-West is up 3-2 on the always disappointing Sharks team. I have held out hope on San Jose figuring things out in the playoffs for years and they just always are missing something. I love Big Joe Thornton but I dunno what happens to him come time to chase Lord Stanley. I hope that they can one day figure it out because I secretly root for that franchise to win.



NBA, I hate you so much during the regular season then you suck me back in during the playoffs. There has been some GREAT basketball and I HATE saying that. I have become one of those guys that bitch and moan about how great basketball was when I was younger and I still believe that. However, the playoffs always seem to be electric. I know I am in the minority but I love seeing the Spurs chug along. I will hold out hope that OKC comes back strong and finds an inside presence to put them over the top because if KD doesn't get a 'chip at some point, it will be an injustice. The future looks bright out West. The East, meh. I really like Indiana. I have finally fully given up on the Sixers ever being relevant again. I am done. And here's to hoping the NBA finally does the right thing and brings the Sonics back. I do not get the love for Sac-town and why they fought so hard to keep a team that hardly anyone goes to see. At least that's my opinion. The NBA seems so top heavy with the have and have-nots that it is not as fun to me. I dunno. I guess I am getting old.


I don't even know where to begin with baseball. The Phillies are such a letdown anymore. It's time for change. It happens everywhere. I hated the Ryan Howard contract when it happened and I still hate it now. I know the guy had some amazing numbers but I was all about trying to sign A-Gon instead. Charlie's approach has gotten stale and the lineup just cannot hit. The minor leagues are void of much talent and I cannot stand what RAJ is doing with bringing up Michael Martinez(Really, Rube? REALLY?) while Chase is on the DL. There is an ebb and flow with success but it just seems to me that this era, while the most successful in franchise history, is kind of a letdown since there was only 1 World Series trophy paraded down Broad Street. I dunno. I am sad for Roy Halladay as I do not think there has been an athlete more deserving of a championship then that guy. Call it my two cents.


I hope everyone has a safe and happy weekend and please remeber to thank out troops, past and present, and know that they lay it out there every damn day so we can sit here and bitch and moan about trivial things. Thanks to my dad, a Vietnam vet. I hate you sometimes but you sacrificed a lot and got crapped on. Cheers, pop. Happy Memorial Day everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment